Slack 10 kernel to 2.6 Hotplug issue

Frank Kumro fkumro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 00:13:47 EDT 2004

I have a machine that is running slackware 10. I followed the
directions for installing 2.6.7 kernel (cd2
testing/packages/linux-2.6.7/) and made sure the mkinitrd in the
process. However when 2.6.7 boots it gets to the point where it
activates rc.hotplug and freezes. I have to boot the kernel with the
nohotplug option. I would really like to fix this problem but I have
no idea what could be wrong. Any advice/solutions/help?

Note: I did not have to compile the 2.6.7 kernel due to the
installation process with slackware 10.

--
Frank
Shenanigans!!