Sparc linux distros

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 08:22:47 EDT 2004

I've successfully run both Debian and Gentoo on a SPARC workstation.

They both ran fine and had lots of software.  The reason for using them at that
point was the same as using debian vs gentoo on any box.

I finally switched back to debian on X86 when I realized the only reason I had
this little box next to my desk was the occassional QII frag fest (me taking on
all comers :-)  I was able to get QII working under Sparc but not Loki's
minions capture the flag Mod.  No SPARC support I could find at the time.

JJN