Good distributions for testing Oracle on Linux

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Tue Aug 3 15:26:02 EDT 2004

They compile oracle for linux sparc? Any reason you want to run it on
Sparc? We run oracle/linux for our production database here and
overseas. Got a lot more bang for our buck with linux/x86 than the E450
we were running with solaris. We run Redhat 2.1ES (not going to help you
on sparc) it runs great. We run it because It's one of the "certified"
os's under oracle's "Unbreakable Linux" platform, and it has a longer
life cycle than say something free like fedora, updates are avaliable
for 5 year+, as long as you keep paying for your entitlement.

Justin Bennett
Network Administrator
Dynabrade, Inc.
8989 Sheridan Dr.