solaris 9

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 14:10:00 EDT 2004

I downloaded a version of solaris 9 for home to toy
with and for some reason cant get an internet
connection. I do a ifconfig -a and it gives me the
loopback address and says active but when I do
ifconfig eth0 up says interface does not exist or cant
be managed with dhcp. How do I get solaris to reconize
or see if my nic card is reconized? How do I start
networking services? Im great with Linux but Im new to
the Sun world. The os comes with gnome 2.0 and cde.
Redhat is way better than Sun IMHO.