Hardware Suggestions

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Apr 22 15:27:00 EDT 2004

I use the following hardware at work:

ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard
AthlonXP 2500+
512 Corsair DDR-RAM
Enermax 350Watt PS

It totals to just under $300, and I'm able to run RedHat 9.0 on it.  The
only hard part is that the NIC is not detected during the install.  you
need to download the rpm from nvidia's web site.  However, the 2.6 kernel
has it built in.

If you're looking for a test system, a pentium would do just as well,
depending on the apps you want to run.

-Rob