Curious About Lindows ?

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Mon Apr 19 19:07:11 EDT 2004

I found this while mouse shopping.
Quote from the page:

Ione Optical Mouse Bundle w/ FREE Lindows OS 4.5

This great package includes a great Itron Optical 3-button optical
"Linux Compatible" wheel mouse and the OEM Edition of Lindows 4.5 OS.
This version does not include Openoffice.

[end quote]

You basically buy the mouse, and they throw in LINDOWS 4.5
The Link:
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/SWW12202.html

The Lindows OS software is now called Linspire, so this is the pre-name
change release [a collector's item ?].
Lindows has that "jellybean" look that I hate so much about Win XP, but
I suppose it could be re-skinned. ;-)
They are truly trying to make an effort to get the penguin's foot in the
door of the non-computer savvy,
point and click user, and I give them credit for that.

The Click n Run software install tool sounds quite similar to "Red
Carpet", and they offer Ximian Evolution,
so I think it might have it's roots in Red Hat.

If nothing else *EVERYONE* should check out this page on the Linspire site.
It's their take on the Microsoft EULA.
It's a flash object, but it's hilarious if you take the time to read
through the whole thing.

http://www.linspire.com/lindows_screenshots_mseula.php

--
hardware: n, the part of a computer that can be kicked.

software: n, the part of a computer that causes hardware to be kicked.

Scott
Mozilla 1.0 mail on Windows 98 SE