Next Meeting

TheCactusKid Cactus thecactuskid45 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 17:47:07 EDT 2004

Broken off ah? Hmmm... Sounds like a dosi! Hmmm... Well to fix it is a problem. One, you would have to see if it could be opened (tools needed to do so) and re-solder a new pin in, but its not as easy as it sounds. With the aid of the right solder and iron as to not burn the circuit board. Two, you would need a junk drive that has the same type of pin (shape and size) to remove to fix the broken one. With some connector housing being molded around the pins it may be a pain in the neck to remove the pin. Three, it may be unrepairable??? Four, to send it to be fixed by Maxtor may not be worth it. eg: Shipping, Repair cost, ect. If I where you, try to go ahead and fix it if possible. (it will be a learning lesson anyway about HDD's) If not you'll be less one drive. Sorry but thats the best opinion I can offer. I have fixed a one drive, but in the long run its better to just buy a replacement. (time and money)
Good luck:)

I take no liability for any information or opinions offered

tHecActUsKid:)

"Joshua R. Altemoos" <joshua at gnu-linux.net> wrote:
maxtor diamond 4 40gighd and the prob is a ide connectoer pin is chipped off
--
Have A Good Day
Joshua R. Altemoos
joshua at gnu-linux.net