Atomic clock

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 09:07:47 EDT 2004

Here is some more information about time servers and the USNO time site.

This seems to come up a lot.  The important thing to remember is if you have
more that one machine (and one is a server type) then set one to be your own
ntp server getting its time from public sources and have all other clients get
their time from it.  That way all the machines on your lan are in sync.  So
even if your server loses its mind (or ability to communicate with a 2nd
stratum ntp server) all your internal machines still have the same time.

JJN
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ntp.html

http://www.ntp.org/