Server Administration: automatically restarting services

Matt Cristantello matt at crazy42.org
Thu Apr 8 23:16:29 EDT 2004

Thanks for the ideas -- I'll look into BigBrother/Sister over the
weekend if I get a chance.

I have some scripts right now that look like this--

#!/bin/sh

ps -A | grep -v sshdassert | grep sshd > /dev/null || /etc/init.d/ssh start

I was hoping to find something that would pick up on dead processes,
etc. I'll see if BigBrother can do that.

Thanks!
~Matt

- ---