Cell Phone Internet Access

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Apr 8 19:07:06 EDT 2004

Hi.  I've used dialup for many years, but I'm new to Cell phones.  I
need to have internet access on my new laptop (not purchased yet).  I
talked to Sprint and Radio Shack and they tell me I need a Vision phone
(2 year contract or big bucks) and a cable that hooks from the phone to
a USB port.  I'm sure it comes with Windoze software, but how do you do
that in Linux (if Pete sells me the system, it'll probably be Fedora)?
I want something a simple as possible.  I'm not stuck on Sprint, but I
do have a Sprint phone now that I could continue to use for a second
phone (I need one for me and one for Rita).

TIA

Joe

--
"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool" --Plato