PCI IDE Card

Joshua R. Altemoos joshua at gnu-linux.net
Fri Apr 2 07:51:48 EST 2004

Hello,

I do have to apologize for this long topic. I thank you all for your help. I
checked teh BIOS and found No SCSI options but this also could mean since it is
a Compaq 3 bios and i haev seen in the past with it that it would not make a
diffenrce because if irt did support it it would not show untill i had the card
attached. But to end this i have some news reguarding this. In my
toblueshooting efforts before i came and asked here i attached new hardrives
used new cables check the jumpers etc etc etc i also tried a old cdron drive and
none of them worked. When i tried again when i looked in the bios etc i started
to mess around again and i found out that when i hooked a cdron drive up it DID
work. Then i hooked my 40 gig hd up and it did not then i repalced the 40 gig
with my 6 gig and the 6 gig worked. So all this time i have had no comptuer was
becuase of the harddrive so i have my pc working and running on the 6 gig.
Thanks for your help.

--
Have A Good Day
Joshua R. Altemoos