Commands to Kill XMMS

Kevin E. Glosser keg at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 14 12:04:09 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 08:55, Cyber Source wrote:
> Never, and I don't see any mystery about it.

For what's it worth, I've had XMMS freeze up on me. My issue was sound
driver/hardware I had. I was using a the crappy i815 onboard sound that
came with my motherboard to save money. In the end, it wasn't worth it.
Although, the Windows driver for i815 sound worked great, the Linux ones
available worked, but not in all cases. I could never get i815 sound to
be PERFECT.

Note, i815 sound is different than i810 and i820, although similar. I
tried ALSA etc.

After using it for a couple years, I gave up and bought a SoundBlaster
Live card. Man, I wish I had bought it when I made this computer several
years earlier.

Which leads me to my Linux motto, buy GOOD, mainstream hardware. You pay
a little more, but the frustration reduction is worth it. :)

KEG