inittab

JB mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 22:06:06 EDT 2003

I tried a quick explanation of what I was trying to do
to my wife, but all I heard were crickets chirping.
Hehehe, at least she was knodding her head while I was
talking, and didn't yawn!

Good job!
Of course, now that you roughed it, I'll tell you that

you probably could have used pico, or did a startx and

used gedit or kate.
But all true geeks (well, except for those heretics
from emacsland) know that using vi will impress your
girlfriend (or get you one if you don't have one) give

you bigger pecs, grow hair on your chest, lets you
drink more beer, gives you great smelling underarms,
lets you ditch the viagara, and lots of other macho
things. ;-)

Of course, the true reason to understand vi is that it

is always there. As soon as you assume that the next
box you have to fix has pico or something else, Mr.
Murphy will slap you a few times and give you nvi (try

it out sometime. Talk about hair on your chest!)
But no matter what, nvi on it's worst days beats the
hell out of anything from m$ on its best days.