Burning a data CD

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Sep 10 19:03:27 EDT 2003

I want to make a CDROM of everything in $HOME/Documents in a format that
Windoze can read.   Individual files will all read in OOo or M$ Office.
I've never done it before.  I need it to be recursive (handle
subdirectories).  What's the easiest way to do this under Mandrake 9.1?

I tried X-CD-Roast, and got as far as selecting the Documents directory,
but couldn't figure out how to tell it to get all the files and
subdirectories.

Thanks.

"Everything you've learned in school as 'obvious' becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines." --R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983)