Sound from Cd-writer and/or DvD-rom

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Sep 3 11:58:57 EDT 2003

You mentioned other things working, like xawtv, shoutcast, etc. but
those do not output from the cdrom. You say this works in xp? If you can
hear sound (play a cd) in xp, that would rule out the audio cable, which
I was going to tell you to check. You could check this, see what
connection your audio cable is plugged into on your sound card. If you
are plugged into the auxiliary connection, this could be the problem.
Since you have 2 cdrom drives, you may only have one audio cable in use,
or as I mentioned above, may be plugged into the wrong place on the
sound card.
I would do this, open the case, decide on which one you want to use and
make sure the audio cable is plugged in right. Determine which device it
is , /dev/cdrom or /dev/cdrom1. Make sure your cd player is using the
correct one (/dev/cdrom or /dev/cdrom) and you should be all set.

--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>