no sound

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 00:11:42 EST 2003

--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
> If your having troubles recompiling, remove the old directories from
> where you compiled before and then recreate the directories (from a tar
> file, etc). I had to do that once and found that the original
> directories were caching the old info, right Bob?
> With a little help from Bob...

Yep.  When you run 'configure', it creates a 'config.cache' file that contains
all of the values that the script generates.  Normally, configure will read
that cache file before it does anything as a starting point.  The problem is
that if the system configuration changes significantly (a kernel change is
significant :-), the cache is wrong.  Generally, I always whack the whole
directory trees from the ALSA build and recreate them from the tar files.

Cheers!

Bob