OOo Write 1.1 problems

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Oct 30 08:06:44 EST 2003

In Gnome all  the fonts in ~/.fonts are read, for any app. What I do is
copy all my true type fonts to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/ as root,
change permissions to all *.ttf to 444, run "mkfontscale" and then
"mkfontdir", then as a user in ~, I make a symbolic link to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/
This works great and then all my true type fonts are useable as a user
WITHOUT the need for redundant copies of fonts. I have a cd with approx
600 TT fonts and I copy all of those plus all the TT fonts from my usual
windows mounts. My clients love this shit, lol