File Search Utility

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Wed Oct 29 20:40:05 EST 2003

Quite a while ago I was cruising freeware sites, and I came across a
file search program  that was supposed to be able to search the Table of
Contents of  compressed files. I think it would work in 32 bit windows
and Linux IIRC, but I've since lost the URL for the site.  [browser
crash- history gone]

For example, if  ThisImage.jpg was contained in SomeFile.zip, the
program would search all my zips to find it.
I think would even burrow through nested files, ie, if ThisFile.jpg was
in Images.zip, which was itself  inside SomeOther.zip.

Anybody ever heard of such a thing, or have any suggestions ?

When you're on dialup, weeknights are for surfing  and weekends are for
downloading MBs.   ;-)

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 on Win 98 SE