new evolution

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Oct 17 10:13:18 EDT 2003

Just to pass along, I recently upgraded my system to RedHat 9 (shoemaker
story), and use my evolution as usual but thought to myself, since the
GAIM was such a major leg up from what is available for download versus
what came with the RH9 distro, why don't I go to Ximain's web site and
check out the Red-Carpet package again and see what the new Evolution
might look like, so I did. Downloaded the new Red-Carpet rpms for RH9
and installed, subscribed to upgrade the Evolution channel, all updated
really fast and easy. And this new version of Evolution (1.4.5), is
TOTALLY COOL!! I would attach a screen shot but since people started to
bitch last time about it, I won't. Check it out at http://www.ximian.com
. I love to see such packages for Linux! XP has nothing on this