ppp and kppp

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Oct 16 18:44:34 EDT 2003

Just curious: I have kppp and it works dandy (I think Bob configured it
for me when we installed Mandrake 9.1).   I just ran Mandrake Control
Center Network and Internet Setup Wizard (I didn't complete it) and it
didn't seem to know anything about my current configuration, so what
does it do (or where does it keep the configuration)?

Also, where does kppp get its login script from?  I'd like to *modify*
mine so that it aborts on NO DIALTONE.  (Now, it just waits a while and
tries again - which is really annoying if someone else is talking on the
phone.)  When I go into the kppp login script editor, it wants me to
create a new one from scratch.

Joe

--
When words come from the tongue, they will not pass beyond the ears. But when words come from the heart, they will enter the heart. --Sufi poet