audio cd

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sun Oct 12 14:50:38 EDT 2003

JB wrote, On 10/02/03 10:07 AM:

 >I have to revise my symptoms which you brought to my
 >attention. I put in an audio cd, it autostarts and on
 >the track list there are 13 tracks like on the cd but
 >none of them play. When I tried mounting at that point
 >I got the wrong fs type error message which makes
 >sense now that you mentioned how the audio cd is just
 >played. It is kind of like the audio from the cd is
 >getting cut somewhere. Then again I can play wav files
 >from the same cd drive, works fine with waves. Hmmm,
 >I'll have to tinker around with it later.
 >Thanks,
 >JB

So if I have this right, you have a drive that works, and a player
prog that works [the elapsed time for a track changes] , but zero
output to the speakers for .cda
JJ was right, you don't mount audio cds, they are stored in a
"differnt language" than data, and have to be "translated" by the
Analog Digital Converter, which is what rippers use to make the
"raw" music into wavs or mp3s.
In the spirit of "check the cable" , check your sound mixer to
make sure the slider for CD Audio isn't inadvertently set to
minimum or muted.
It does happen , BTDT.

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 on Win 98 SE