NFS problem

S. Johnson zatharus at ncn.net
Thu Oct 2 14:45:44 EDT 2003

Hi Darin,

Thanks for responding...
At 12:31 10/02/03 -0400, you wrote:
>what OS are your nfs clients running? there are know problems between
>solaris and redhat 7.x and some 6.x. i did quite a bit of research into
>this back in january for a grid cluster i was putting together, check out
>this post. http://runlevelzero.net/pipermail/warewulf/2003-January/000100.html

My server and one client are Redhat 8.0, kernel version 2.4, the other
client is Redhat 7.2, but still has a 2.4 kernel.

>are you getting any errors like "kernel: nfs: task 2752 can't get a
>request slot"? i saw errors like this when i ran into nfs problems, the
>nfs server was solaris with linux clients in this instance.

Those errors look very close to the ones I was seeing.  I did not write
them down, unfortunately, but I know they had "request slot" in the message.

Thanks for your input.

Sean Johnson