NFS problem

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 12:39:41 EDT 2003

Well, first thing that I would do is change the mount options to add the 'soft'
option:
server3:/users /users nfs bg,soft,nfsvers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0 0

If you don't want to do soft mount, then add the 'intr' parameter to make hard
mounted nfs I/O interruptable.  This means that a hung process can be
interrupted by a signal which causes the I/O call to return 'EINTR' to the
calling process.

I would start looking at your networking parameters in all three systems.  This
sounds like you might be on a 100baseT network and you're having connectivity
problems.  On your switches, lock the ports that the servers are on to
100BaseT-FD (100 Mbit, Full Duplex).  Then do the same on each machine with the
'mii-tool --force 100baseT-FD'.

Cheers!

Bob