library conflicts

Ron ronb at cogeco.ca
Wed Oct 1 19:48:45 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 00:09, Robert Meyer wrote:
> If you're on a Mandrake system, it looks like you're trying to install a RedHat
> RPM to it.  RedHat RPMs tend to have slightly different names so the thing
> fails dependancies.  I would find libjpeg62-devel-6b-26mdk on one of your
> install CDs.  If you have a package installed from one dist, it's bad Karma to
> install the devel package from another.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Bob
Hi,

I am not understanding what is happening.  After reading both replies i
tried using Mandrake Control Center to install libjpeg62-devel-6b-26mdk.
Control center gave a message ...successfully installed but I am still
get dependency failures, it is not finding my libjpeg.  Tried --nodeps
as well but must not have the syntax quite right.

lost in dependency hell LOL

--
Ron
ronb at cogeco.ca