Some questions on Adelphia

Matt Cristantello matt at crazy42.org
Wed Nov 19 22:43:07 EST 2003

Just a note, Adelphia is no longer blocking port 25, at least on the
Amherst subnet. I've had my mail server working again for about 2 weeks
now.

~Matt

P.S. Please don't tell anyone at Adelphia that ;-)

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 14:27, Justin Bennett wrote:
> The policy forbids any kind of information server. It all depends on
> what you can get away with. I haven't heard of anyone getting in
> 'trouble'.  They are/were filtering (blocking) common ports like 80
> (web) and 25 (mail), my buddy was running a webserver so he could post
> pictures of his kids for their grandparents out of state, they blocked
> that as well as port 25 so he got verizon DSL. I read the policy and
> from what I understand, even running SSH so you can login from outside
> is against their policy.
> You can set it up, if they block that port you have 65534 more to choose
> from.
>

> Justin Bennett
> Network Administrator
> RHCE (Redhat Certified Linux Engineer)
> Dynabrade, Inc.
> 8989 Sheridan Dr.
> Clarence, NY 14031
>

> Joshua R. Altemoos wrote:
>
> >Hey,
> >
> >Well i know Adelphia's TOS and AUP forbid servers but do they mean servers
> >that are on 24/7 and/or on reguarl ports. What i am trying to say is if i
> >had adelphia as my boardband internet comapny could i run a webserver on a
> >differnt port just to look at mail recived by fetchmail etc.???
> >
> >Thanks

"The arts are an even better barometer of what is happening in our world
than the stock market or the debates in congress."
-Hendrik Willem Van Loon
        Matthew D. Cristantello
        matt at crazy42.org
        716-472-3833 (cell)