Mozilla Navigator bar

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Mon Nov 10 14:14:34 EST 2003

Something happened and my Mozilla 1.5 navigator Bar is gone.  I tried
the obvious View/Show and checking and unchecking navigator bar - does
nothing.
I tried reinstalling Mozilla.  Didn't help.  I invoked mozilla right out
of the install directory.  I also used my startup script from my desktop:

#!/bin/bash
# Attributed to Dave Patton

if [[ `ps -e | grep mozilla` ]]
then
        #Mozilla is running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/mozilla -P bigbird -remote 'openURL('$1',
new-window)'`
else
        #Mozilla is NOT running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/mozilla -P bigbird $1`
fi

Any ideas on where to look?

The only unusual thing that happened was the other day my system ground
to almost to a halt and was running somehing disk intensive mid-day when
nothing I'm aware of should have been running. I put up with it for a
while, but when it wouldn't give me enough of the processor to run a ps
or even a shutdown, I finally reset the system and it had to repair an
inode or two.

Joe

--
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." --James Madison, American president from 1809-1817, helped draft the Constitution