speaking of gcc

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Nov 10 11:44:11 EST 2003

> I am trying to compile some software and it reported
> no gcc found in path.... does anyone know path to gcc?

/usr/bin/gcc.  usr/bin is part of your standard path, so you either don't
have it installed, or altered your path variable (I'd assume the first
option)

> secondly i was trying to use samba...there is no
> script to start service in /etc/init/rc.d/....
> directory and ntsysv show no samba but is shows as an
> installed package rpm -qa ...any ideas?

*) It's /etc/rc.d/init.d, not /etc/init/rc.d

*) look for the service smb (/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb)

Dege

I'm just not up2date on my al-kee-hol-*hic* lingo
Although, I do have that slurring part down ;)