Getting Your Feet Wet

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sat May 31 10:45:46 EDT 2003

Check this.  I found it on a link from KMFMS.
It's a CD of Linux applications that you can run from inside windows, in
order to help you realize that you don't need M$ to do the things you
want to do.
Take a look at the software list, it's quite substantial - everything
from games to development and server apps.

GNU Win II <http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/articles/en/index.html>

I think we should put a link to it  on the NFLUG site, in order to help
further the OSS/Linux cause.

I especially like this, from the Q&A page:

        Q5: Why GNUWin II and not GNUWin 98 ?

R5: Because GNUWin-II is the second version. The first one can be seen
here <http://mapc77.epfl.ch/gnu-generation/CD/gnuwin.html>.
GNUWin is not a Microsoft product, and we do not count "3.1, 3.11, 95,
98, 2000" !

Regarding "free" software, both in the "costless" and "readily
accessible" contexts, I have Quake III Arena for Linux, brand new, still
sealed in the tin.
It cost me $20, but if can get it running, or any  one can help get it
running, I will gladly burn a copy for anybody that wants one, once I
get my cd burner.

--
Life is good when you're safely behind the times.

Scott

Netscape 7.0 on Win 98 SE