DVD Player

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue May 20 23:45:10 EDT 2003

What are people using for a DVD Program these days?  I've tried several,
but haven't found that "1" cream of the crop.

Ogle - works great.  The only thing it lacks is the ability to seek
backwards.  Instead, it backtracks a chapter at a time.

Mplayer - has the forward/rewind features that Ogle lacks.  It even has a
nice OSD to show where you're at in the movie.  Only problem is that I
can't figure out how to implement the Main Menu of a DVD title, or how to
interact with it.  Makes it difficult to easily access those deleted
scenes, interviews, etc.

Has anybody had success with a DVD Player?  I've heard about xine, movix,
etc. but I don't want to install all these variants.

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me