meeting topic (s)

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sat May 17 13:41:37 EDT 2003

On 5/17/03 11:00 AM, Cyber Source wrote:

> Some ideas for the meeting topics;
>
> 1. Anthony, could you bring your box that has the acidrip on it? I
> really want to get that dvd ripping thing going.
> 2. For the Debian guys, I am interested in the features for updating
> packages that take you out of dependency hell. I am assuming your
> referring to the apt package? There is an apt package for RedHat, but
> I haven't had time to play with it yet. What I am looking to do is,
> since I am pretty much married to RedHat at this point (don't really
> want to /have the time to, learn a new distro) is try and use this apt
> package, if that is what it is, to download new software without the
> dependency hell. So, Debian guys, if there is a new package out there,
> say distro independent, you have no problem getting all the required
> packages with Debian/Apt? I would love to check it out, someone bring
> a box with Debian so we can see.
> Thanks, see you tomorrow, 1:00-4:00
> --
> Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com <mailto:peter at thecybersource.com>>

I had read last fall that apt get had been ported over to RedHat and
Mandrake, and was going to ask JJNeff to give a talk on apt get and
urpmi because he was a Debian user who seemed to be familiar with them,
but that's when my domain name changed, and I lost all my NFLUG messages
becuase it took me a few months to figure out how to get the 'domo to
send to the new one.

So, that sounds good to me.

--
"We're all mentally ill - some people just hide it better than others."
Stephen King

Scott
Mozilla 1.0 mail on Windows 98 SE