Intergraded Sound Csard

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu May 15 12:38:16 EDT 2003

First, you need to figure out if your soundcard is even supported under
linux.  ALSA has a current list of what they support
(http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc)  But before you do this, you're
gonna need to know more about your computer.

Go to Compaq's site, and find your computer online.  Look for updated
drivers, tech specs, etc. that will give you info about the chipset for
your soundcard.

If that fails, you can always do # /sbin/lspci, although it's not 100%
accurate (but it will at least narrow down the list).

Also, disable Plug-n-Play in your BIOS.  It does more harm than good.

-Rob

> Yes it is. Also it worked on other oses so?
>
> On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 07:47, Cyber Source wrote:
> > Also, make sure the sound is enabled in the system BIOS.
> > On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 07:10, John Seth wrote:
> > > What type of sound card is it, and what is your motherboard manufacturer
> > > name and model?  That can help find out what driver(s) you'd need to get
> > > your sound card to work.  You can usually find this info in your
> > > motherboard manual.
> > >
> > > - Tony

> > --
> >
> > Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>