Imap clients

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Mar 27 10:34:04 EST 2003

Already downbloaded the demo, My Fiance is a accounting major at UB, she
uses that at the school pcs, I know the problem I'm going to have. It's
not outlook. It's one of those issues where they no what they want and no
matter how good your solution is they will always have (make up) problems.
I don't have any problem with squirrelmail. I think we need to just put
the foot down on this one...

Justin

Michael Richardson said:

> --In a burst of eloquence, Thursday, March 27, 2003 8:47 AM
> -0500 Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com> usus
> loquendi:
>
>> i agree with you observations on mozilla, i wouldn't
>> deploy it to regular users. if they want to use it i
>> wouldn't support it, i make one client that is the
>> standard and don't provide support for others.
> -- snip --
>> Justin Bennett wrote:
>>   > What are you guys running in an office environment
>> for Imap mail (on   > windows). Other than Outlook, I've
>> used mozilla, but it changes alot   > version to version
>> so I don't know if it's suitable for widespread users   >
>> yet, because it's still being developed. Any
>> recomendations, I need   > something that can do HTML
>> mail and all that good stuff. Free is   > preferable but
>> not a requirement.
>
> I've been trying to use Mozilla Mail exclusively, but I'm
> finding some problematic mail (read:spam) can cause it to
> lock up. Moz 1.3 is looking a little better than the
> previous point-releases.
>
> However, here at the University, CIT has adopted an
> IMAP/IMSP/LDAP compliant package named Mulberry
> (http://www.cyrusoft.com). A free demo is available for
> download which doesn't seem too intrusive. Nice thing is:
> when bound with IMSP, you can configure roaming profiles,
> so your users will see the exact same configuration
> wherever they sit (if they move at all). It also can
> utilize several text-to-speech packages for accessibility.
> Multiple OS support too. Decent administrator's kit too.
>
> 	The only real downside - it does cost. $40 for single
> license, down to $14/seat per 100. I'd definitely recommend
> at least checking it out.
>
> Michael Richardson
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> SUNY at Buffalo Student - Computer Engineering
> Save Time and Money - Get Rid Of Windows(tm)
> Real Men Use LiNUX!

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator