Redhat 9.0

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Mar 26 19:12:20 EST 2003

knowing RedHat... the 8.1 beta probably is to become the 9.0 stable...
it wouldn't be the first time someone did that.  Besides, look at the
trend... Mandrake is in the 9.x series, Slackware just released 9.0,
SuSE w/ 8.2, why would RH want to be below those?  By making their next
version 9.0, they'll at least "appear" to be staying up in front with
the others... of course, Debian doesn't appear to be much concerned with
the whole "the higher the number the better" facade... they're latest
stable release is 3.0r1.  Same reason Slackware went from 3.x to 7.0...
but that's what it looks like to me ;)

  - Tony

--
When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America
before the white men came, an Indian said simply "Ours."