Switching to Redhat

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Mar 26 09:13:09 EST 2003

> I'll second that. One of these days I will get into Gnome because that
> seems WAY fast, just still can't do simple things with it like change

Gnome is way fast compared to what?  In my experience, KDE has always
seemed faster than gnome.  Either that of KDE is less CPU intensive,
allowing me to run more apps simultaneously without lag.

However, this is comparing it on a 500MHz K6-2, so it doesn't take a lot
to make my poor xmms skip like a bad vinyl.

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me