xawtv

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Mar 24 10:55:22 EST 2003

Check to see if your v4l modules are loaded (/sbin/lsmod).  Once the
modules are loaded, then the device is created & can be accessed by xawtv.
Alternatively, you can specify the video device to use by specifying -C
(or -c. I forget which allows you specify the video device).

-Rob

> Thanks to Bob Meyer, I now have Mandrake 9.1 rc 2 on my machine!  I'm
> working on getting xawtv to work with my Hauppauge WINTV USB.  The program
> runs, but has no channels to select and displays a black screen.  When I run
> the companion program - scantv - which sets up the channel list for xawtv,
> it starts up, asks a few initial questions and then fails with the following
> message:
>
> vbi: open failed [/dev/v41/vbi0]
> /dev/v41/vbi0 no such file or directory
>
> I checked, it doesn't exist.  /dev/v41/ is there.
>
> I did a quick Google search and found some stuff on /dev/vbi, but nothing
> with a v41 in it.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this or what driver it needs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me