Switching to Redhat

Kevin E. Glosser keg at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 19 22:57:45 EST 2003

> Why, in specific, don't you like Mandrake?  Or why is RedHat better from
> your poit of view?  I just want to understand the pros and cons of the
> various distributions.

This is a question that can not be answered objectively. Any distribution
recommendation is going to contain a personal preference. And some people
like to argue which distro is better. I personally, don't think it matters
which you use. They're all linux underneath.

I'd say that Mandrake and Redhat are probably the two most popular right
now, at least by users on this list.

I like Redhat, but only because that is what I started using first.

The decision just seems to get harder with new distributions appearing.
Lindows, Corel Linux, the old standby's(Slackware) etc, lots of choices.

KEG