Makefiles

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Mon Mar 10 23:38:52 EST 2003

I have LJ installed on my system, and basically I agree with a previous
email... read the files in the distribution (tarball, aka ".tar.gz file").
I mean no offense, as I am also quite prone to not reading things, the
Linux/Unix community has a phrase, "RTFM". Read up on everything you can
find.

As was mentioned, files ending in .tgz or .tar.gz can be "unzipped" (on a
GNU system such as Linux), by using "tar zxvf filename.tar.gz/.tgz.  If
the file was built correctly, it should uncompress into a subdirectory of
the one you're in.  Read all the README files, anything in a /doc or
/documentation directory, and especially, in newer autoconf-style
packages, the INSTALL files.

If you run into any probs, feel free to email me :)  I'll try the best I
can, as I'm not overly familiar with Mandrake.

  - Tony

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32, /* Tony Evans aka "John Seth" */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72   /*  Linux/Web Implementation  */