New User

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 15:39:21 EDT 2003

I see iptables are still running.
Did you try shutting them down?
#/sbin/service iptables stop
Generally, even in windows ( I worked for adelphia)
they recommend not using usb. It does work BUT..
Hardware is always prefered over software .
It seems that the driver for CDC usb works 'cause
you're able to ping etc..
in your /etc/modules.conf the CDC is the alias
for your kernel to load the usb drivers.
Usually most browsers by defalult have a direct
connecton set.
I think it's your firewall that's causing the problem
you could also try this
telnet www.yahoo.com 80
that tells telnet to connect on port 80 (web)
[ivlok at GOLEM ivlok]$ telnet www.yahoo.com 80
Trying 216.109.125.77...
Connected to w4.www.dcn.yahoo.com (216.109.125.77).
Escape character is '^]'.
 Trying 216.109.125.77...
Connected to w4.www.dcn.yahoo.com (216.109.125.77).

is what you should see. just press enter to disconnect
if not your firewall is blocking port 80
hope this helps

=== message truncated ===

=====
Free Good