New User

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 11:46:54 EDT 2003

I think we need to evaluate what has and hasn't
worked.
We know that you're able to ping out, so connectivity
is there.
1. Did shutting down iptables help (able to surf)
   #/sbin/service iptables stop
   if yes, then it's a firewall issue and can be
   resolved easily.
2. What is the name brand and model of your harddrive
   Is it a scsi or reg drive
   we'll be able to check linux compatible to see
   if it should work. And if so how to get it working.
3. post these messsages to the lug
   #dmesg (this will give boot messages)
   #cat /var/log/messages |grep sda (or hda for a reg

   drive)
   #/sbin/lsmod (for which modules are loading)

That should give us enough info for now. Hopefully,
putting our heads together we'll reolve these issues.

=== message truncated ===

=====
Free Good
Fire Bad