MythTv box?

Michael Richardson mtr3 at buffalo.edu
Thu Jun 26 13:21:38 EDT 2003

MythTV is recommending a PIII/750 & 512 MB ram...

Even if you could order a GP with those specs, your main
problem is going to be a TV Tuner card. I haven't seen
decent results from a USB-based tuner.

You'd probably want something more like their Panda PC
(http://norhtec.com/products/panda/) which would give you a
PCI slot for an internal card. And with a DVDrom drive, you
could use it for CD audio and DVDs too... And it looks
kinda cool.

--In a burst of eloquence, Thursday, June 26, 2003 9:00 AM
-0700 vlok stone <vlokstone at yahoo.com> usus loquendi:

> I came across this box and was wondering if it had
> enough
> horse power for MythTV. I'm not sure if it can handle
> the processing. Looks interesting. The small footprint
> and no noise factor. Also, they seem to be pushing
> Linux.
> http://www.norhtec.com/products/gp/details.html
>
> =====
> Free Good