RAM upgrade.

David Mangani dmangani at att.net
Wed Jun 11 17:30:17 EDT 2003

Thanks for all the different viewpoints. When first set up and installed ( RH9
) my system was configured with 128MB of physical memory. The swap set up
during install was 256MB ( the ole 2*ram rule ) . I have checked several
times over the last few days and the swap space has rarely gone over about
40% usage, and that was with KDE, Netscape, Kmail and Gaim running at once. I
suppose that for now, I may just leave it be and see how the system behaves.
I hate to mess around a whole lot as I have my system running nicely right
now. I thought perhaps there was some simple way to "adjust" the swap space
without repartitioning etc. Once again thx for all the input.

Dave