RAM upgrade.

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Tue Jun 10 22:32:58 EDT 2003

Mark Musone wrote, On 6/10/03 9:38 PM:

> You can actually make a swap file and use that as additional swap
> space, thereby eliminating the need for adding another partition..
>
> However if you added more memory, you really dont need additional
> swap space (arguably you need less swap space)
>
> You didnt mention how much swap space you had..my rule normally is:
>
> < 128M memory, swap space = 2*memory size
>
>> 256M, swap space = memory size
>
> -Mark

I was thinking the same thing.
If you added more RAM to decrease disk thrashing, then increasing the
swap partition just makes more room to thrash around in.
Your RAM capacity should be detected by the BIOS during POST.

--
Life is good when you're safely behind the times.

Scott

Netscape 7.0 on Win 98 SE