strange sound problem

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Jun 8 21:37:55 EDT 2003

Hey all,
  If anyone can give me a clue....... I have a problem that I just
FINALLY diagnosed. I thought it was a hardware issue but it's not. I
have a RH9 box with a brand new Gigabyte MB w/onboard sound. I found
that if someone logs in and then logs out, then someone else logs in and
tries to log out the system hangs. I found that the first person still
had the sound open, when I kill the process of the sound, the machine
stops hanging and I can then log out. Any idea as to why this would
happen and how to stop it?
--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>