Sound, WTF?

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 12:13:00 EDT 2003

Hey guys, I got this strange little problem, everytime

I reboot my box. For some reason, ( I suspect that it
has
something to do w/ Mandrake's use of devfsd ), when
I'm back up my /dev/dsp sym link has been changed to a
directory. I delete it and recreate the sym link to
/dev/sound/dsp and chmod it and all's well. But, why
why why? Also, when I reboot it automatically resets
the alsamixer to mute. Not a huge problem, since I
only need to reboot once a month do something in
windows. It just
drives me nuts, because I don't have the answer. Any
ideas?

=====
Free Good
Fire Bad