games

Kevin E. Glosser keg at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 1 20:04:54 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 14:30, A. Paul LeBarron II wrote:
> Hey do you have to have Wolfenstein to play this?

No. This is a standalone FREE product, available for both Windows and
Linux.

It was originally destined to be a retail product with single player and
multiplayer capabilities. Activision scrapped the project. However, the
multiplayer portion was much closer to completion than the single
player, so they decided to release it for FREE.

Check to make sure you have minimum requirements before downloading.
It's a large download.

>sh <name of file.run> to start install

If you have a Nvidia video card, I recommend installing the latest Linux
drivers they have. Which consists of downloading driver, switching to
runlevel 3(non GUI), running installer, editing X Windows config file as
specified in the readme, switching back to runlevel 5 and running Enemy
Territory (et).

Very cool, runs almost as good as in Windows. Only difference I see, is
the load time between levels is slower.

Game is very similar to Team Fortress with some new twists. You gain
experience points for performing team orientated goals. These lead to
advancement in skills, which lead to you gaining new abilities. "Limbo"
menu(l key by default) has details on the goals of each map. Read manual
for further details on game.

KEG