Has any one tried ...

Charles H. Root, III chazroot at accountsolutionsgroup.com
Thu Jul 17 10:28:42 EDT 2003

Joe,

I'd be careful with mail2web for business use...

If you are in an industry regulated by GLBA, HIPPA or SEC constraints
you are going to blow your compliance. You are entering an email account
name & password into a web form. They claim they are not storing that
info in a database but you never know what a disgruntled employee may do.

Additionally, If you are in one of the regulated industries, you are often
obligated to have a signed confidentiality/privacy agreement with your
vendors.

Another concern is that you would have no way to force your users to
access email via the SSL version of the site only. It can all be sniffed.

However, if your organization is not concerned with privacy, security and
confidentiality mail2web will work.

I like Dave Dudek's idea of an Open Source, in-house solution.

Just my two cents...

Best regards,

Charles H. Root, III
Network Operations and Security Manager