for the adelphia guys

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Jul 16 15:21:58 EDT 2003

Some admin's don't care much about security.  My admin once lived in Buffalo
and had Adelphia powerlink service, and haiting their mail system, he opened
up our mail system to all of adelphia.net.  We soon had spammers on Adelphia
(locally, and Florida adelphia.net users) using our system to spam.  It wasn't
until I conferred with our tech staff and network engineers that I went above
my senior admin's head and shut off that access.  He tried to reopen it, but
our boss told him he'd lose his job if he did ;)

It's a general good rule to not allow relaying.  Sounds like adelphia wisened
up some if they finally closed off that ability.

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32,/* Tony Evans                  */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72, /* Linux/Web Implementation    */