Mozilla junk mail feature

Richard Hubbard rhubby at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 21:47:35 EDT 2003

--- Asheville Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
> Hi.   I'm using Mozilla 3.0.  It's got a junk mail
> feature.  Does anyone
> know how it works?  The 3.0 documentation just says
> it's there.  What I
> found on the Mozilla website last time I was there
> (weeks ago) wasn't
> much more helpful.
>
> Joe

There is a button on the toolbar to mark an e-mail as
junk.  The first time you have to dump it into the
junk mail folder yourself.  As you keep doing this to
spam, after a while it takes over and starts dumping
stuff into the junk mail folder.

It's pretty good, too.  I have had anywhere from 60%
to 100% of the spam dumped to junk mail (which I have
configured to automatically delete.)  The reason for
the 60% is that the spammers change their patterns
occasionally, which fools mozilla for about a day,
then when you mark any new spam, it will remember
those spams and stop any future spam that looks like
those.

Haven't had a viagara ad in months!