Kernel compile problems

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Jul 11 17:29:08 EDT 2003

My kernel compile (on the new machine) existed because of the entries in
the modules.conf file.  I remember this _NOT_ occurring in the past on
older systems (like my 7.1 system), so I'm assuming this is new initrd
"functionality".

Also, Redhat uses the initrd image to read & mount the root label /, vs
the actual device (/dev/hda1).  I found that out upon reboot ;)

Thanks for all the help!

-Rob