Perl / Minivend

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Wed Jan 29 15:56:05 EST 2003

Ok here goes, Don't know if there is anybody here who can help me but..
I'm running Minivend on a site here (version 3.14) this is the Predisessor
to RedHats Interchange. It's a shoping cat type software. It's running on
a Redhat 6.2 box, I need to upgrade in order to keep support (6.2 is cut
off march 31.) This version of minivend is giving me greif under redhat 8.
I narrowed it down to the version of perl running on redhat 8. When I
start minivend I get this error.

Useless use of sort in scalar context at
/usr/local/minivend/lib/Vend/Search.pm line 958.

This is the section:
#::logError("Routine is $routine:\n$code");

        # Prime sort routine
        sort { $routine } ('30','31') or 1;

        @$target = sort { &$routine } @$target;

}

The search results page is now all messed up because of that.
If I download the Perl 5.00 rpm for 6.2 install it all is fine. the 5.8
that ships with 8.0 gives me greif. Any way I can fix this to work with
5.8? I do some perl, but I'm not sure of the changes from 5 to 5.8 that
changed for the sort. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Justin

Justin Bennett